|A powerful magic spell that summons a huge meteor from the sky, turning a vast area into a blazing inferno. The point of impact becomes covered with lava temporarily, inflicting constant fire damage on enemies in it.|
- Requires a Staff to use.
- Summons a large meteor over a designated area, creating an explosion as it crashes into the ground. The meteor leaves flames in its wake, damaging enemies that walk over it.
- Enemies can run out of the fire to avoid damage so long as they stay out of it.
- Meteor Strike requires a targetable enemy in order to use.
- Meteor Strike can be cast over props and physical obstacles.
- When casting, a magical circle will appear beneath the user. When it is done loading, a red targeting circle will appear on the ground beneath the mouse cursor, allowing the user to designate the location.
- To target a specific monster directly, simply Left Alt + Left Click or use Ctrl Targeting and target the desired monster.
- Doing so will aim for the center of its hitbox in its last position.
- After launching the spell, the sky will temporarily become cloudy until the meteor lands. A white flash will also occur when the meteor lands, affecting every player within the area regardless of their distance from the meteor.
- The skill will continue to drain the user's mana after loading until the meteor has been launched.
- Ignores Magic Protection when calculating critical rate.
- The skill damages enemies through 2 means:
- 1. Physical and magical damage through the impact.
- Both the physical and magical damage through impact are calculated and displayed as one value.
- Impact damage ignores Heavy Stander and Mana Deflector, but not Invulnerability.
- Impact damage is affected by Magic Attack.
- Impact damage is also affected by distance from the center of the impact.
- Targets near the center will receive 100% damage.
- Targets halfway between the center and the edge will receive 75% damage.
- Targets near the edge will receive 50% damage.
- 2. Ranged damage through the fire.
- Residual damage can lower a target's HP past 0 and can kill.
- Like other damage over time effects, residual damage bypasses Invulnerability.
- Residual damage is affected by the target's Natural Shield.
- Residual damage is based on the skill's rank and cannot be increased.
- Residual damage cannot score criticals.
- The flames linger around for 10 seconds, dealing damage every 2 seconds for a total of 5 ticks.
- Can not be used while Rafting or Hot-Air Ballooning.
- Enabling Mini Effects causes the casting effects, the meteor, the explosion, and the leftover flames to become invisible.
Obtaining the Skill Edit
- Create or rebirth a character and select the Druid Talent to be the active talent.
- Requires 39 Pon
Training Method Edit
- "Attack a Field Boss" actually means to attack a Raid Boss; normal Field Bosses do not count.
- The dragons present in The Saga: Iria do not count towards "Attack a Dragon."
- For early ranks, you can easily group monsters with Act 6: Crisis and then cast Meteor Strike, effectively training multiple enemy hits. This is best done in a party with the finish rule set to Anyone.
- Another player may be required to assist with this method.
- Having another player use Enthralling Performance will allow multiple monsters group up in a single area, allowing for easier training with multiple hits.
- Getting a Giant player use Taunt and Wind Guard to group many monsters around them, letting you hit them all with Meteor easily.
- Areas of interest for large amount of spawns may include:
- Brown Foxes at northern Tir Chonaill, on the way to Alby Dungeon.
- The lobby area and the middle rooms of The Sulfur Spider inside Shadow Realm.
- Summoning area of effect summon pets and/or using Lullaby beforehand will help keep the spiders in place as the player casts Meteor Strike.
- The Other Alchemist's middle room.
- Fennec Foxes outside Filia's southwestern Outskirts.
- Their Method's boss room (Will not work for getting more than 12 mobs hit at once)
- However, it is possible to create Barrier Spikes in order to fulfill the condition, granted the player has high enough a rank.
- Raccoons north of the Logging Camp in Dugald Aisle.
- Shyllien Nature Reserve Outskirts 2 in front of the giant crystal deposit.
- Hillwen Mine B3 in front of the giant ore deposit.
- Keep in mind that in both the Hillwen Mine and Shyllien Nature Reserve have extremely powerful mobs and may overwhelm you if precautions are not taken.
- Polar Hornets in Silva Forest, south of Vales.
- Flame Burst works well to lock the hornets' aggro and gather a large number into one location.
- Beware that after the 3rd wave spawns the mission will automatically fail on next spawn.
- For damage requirements, it may require targeting multiple weaker monsters at once while simultaneously landing a critical hit.
- The Enslaved Neid encountered during Saga II Episode 1 counts for the 'Attack a field boss-level enemy training requirement.
- For "Attack a Dragon", a player on the last quest of Generation 8 can attack Crumena and leave. This process can be repeated as long as the player does not kill Crumena.
Meteor Strike Master
- Magic ATT +50